Shipping for Oil and Gas Industry
A guide to exporting and importing for the oil and gas industry in Canada.
With over three decades of experience, our team at Canaan Group has the expertise to handle all phases of transporting equipment and products related to the oil and gas industries. We have the capacity to both import and export a variety of products, including machinery, computer sensory items, and chemicals for refinery testing. We complete everything in-house within our capability (e.g. customs clearance) and utilize our expertise ensure your items are shipped in a timely and secure manner. Whether your items need to be moved domestically or internationally, we will work with you to develop an individualized plan to transport items.
Canaan Group is aware that some destination countries do not have much infrastructure in place so our services extend beyond pure logistics and may encompass accessory services such as sending shipper-owned containers, establishing new businesses to import the products, or establishing alliances for storing products.
Our transportation services for the oil and gas industry include:
- Ocean Freight - for anything that fits in a container
- Vessel Chartering – either slot chartering or entire vessel chartering; for anything that does not fit into a container
- Trucks – either our own fleet or specialized heavy haul trucking companies
- Rail – depending on the size and length of your equipment
- Air Freight – for any time sensitive parts or equipment so there are no delays to the project
- Customs Brokerage – taking care of the complexities of the Canadian Border Services Agency
For equipment that exceeds ocean freight container or truck trailer limits we offer project cargo services. Canaan Group is proud to be part of Project Cargo Network, the prestigious leading international network of the world's top project cargo specialists. The network also has ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certification.
Project Cargo Solutions We Provide
- Development of transportation solution
- Door to door delivery
- Arrangement of multi-modes of transport, including ocean, air, truck, or rail
- Chartering of full vessel(s)
- Custom-built transportation equipment and packaging
- Application of necessary permits for the oversize and/or overweight cargo
- Police transport and necessary vehicle escorts
- Engineering and road surveys
- Machine 360 washing for phytosanitary destination compliances
Book a Consultation
If you are looking to import or export materials, products, equipment, or machinery for the oil and gas industry, book a consultation with us. We can discuss your needs, answer your questions, explain how it works, and explore your options to help you create a customized shipping plan. We can also give you a quote on your project so you know how best to move ahead. We look forward to serving you!