Transporting Oversize and Overweight Items from Origin to Destination
Project cargo is the transportation of any item that is too big or too heavy to fit into an ocean freight container or a truck trailer. These oversize and heavy items are often complex to transport and require an individualized plan to move domestically or internationally.
With over three decades of experience our team has the expertise to handle multifaceted, multi-million dollar projects through all phases of the project management cycle from project initiation to close. In recognition of our expertise in handling project cargo, Canaan Group has been accepted into the prestigious Project Cargo Network, the leading international network of the world's top project cargo specialists. The network also has ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certification.
Watch this video about the project cargo services we offer, and the value of being a part of the Project Cargo Network.
Solutions We Provide
- Development of transportation solution
- Door to door delivery
- Arrangement of multi-modes of transport, including ocean, air, truck, or rail
- Chartering of full vessel(s)
- Custom-built transportation equipment and packaging
- Application of necessary permits for the oversize and/or overweight cargo
- Police transport and necessary vehicle escorts
- Engineering and road surveys
- Machine 360 washing for phytosanitary destination compliances
Industries We Work With
- Oil and Gas
- Pulp and Paper
- Power and Energy
- Aid Cargo
- Heavy Machinery and Transformers
- Wind Turbines
- Rail and Trains
How Project Cargo Works
1. Request Quote
You provide us with the necessary information about your project, such as:
- Drawings or diagrams of the cargo, which include technical details like lifting points, center of gravity, dimensions, weights, and whether the cargo can be broken down
- Origin and destination
- Terms of sale
2. Research Solutions
Our project cargo team researches which vendors to use, transportation options and routes, permits required, escorts needed, and insurance. This typically takes 2-5 business days, depending on the complexity of the project.
3. Proposed Solution
We present a proposal to you which outlines a detailed plan for how to ship your cargo from origin to destination, the timeline, and the budget.
4. Project Planning
If the proposal is accepted, we move into a project planning phase where all necessary preparations are made. Our goal is that the cargo will be delivered safely and smoothly with no surprises along the way.
5. Project Implementation
Once the project planning is complete, the project plan is implemented, and the cargo is moved from origin to destination. Our team provides you updates and photos throughout the process. Often times we can have onsite staff 24/7 if requested to attend all the loading and check points.
What our Clients Appreciate about our Project Cargo Service
- The Canaan Project team chooses the most qualified transportation partners who have specialized knowledge, experience, and equipment to move the oversize-overweight cargo
- They provide prompt replies and excellent customer service
- The Canaan Project team provides real-time updates and photos during the entire process
Request a Proposal
Click on the button below, give us a phone call, or set up a meeting to receive a project cargo proposal. Depending on the complexity of your project, proposal may take 2-5 business days to develop.
Canada Line Skytrain (Rails and Trains)
Chartering Nomura 34 Vessel for Hemlock Gangs to China (Power and Energy)
Machinery Feed for the Japanese Cow Industry (Agriculture)
Engineering a state of the art machinery to Istanbul (Heavy Machinery)
Fire Truck to Costa Rica (Air Cargo)
Helicopter to fight Forest Fires (Pulp and Paper)
Oil Tanks from Russia (Oil and Gas)
Specialized Equipment to Saudi Arabia (Heavy Machinery)