We simplify your trade by taking care of the complexities of the Canadian Border Services Agency
Canaan Group has our own in-house licensed Customs Broker licensed with the Canada Border Services Agency. Unlike many logistics companies that sub-contract this business, we can control and handle all the intricacies of the importation process. This gives our clients more control, quicker response times, meaning a more streamlined customs process.
Our ERP Cloud based Canaan Platform gives us direct EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) access directly to Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). These will simplify all paper entries which would delay the custom process. Our Customs division is located within 5 minutes walking distance from the CBSA office in Downtown Vancouver, in case of any urgent matter our Licensed Customs Broker can go directly there to discuss and resolve any outstanding issues.
With our expertise and experience in Canadian customs brokerage, we help you fulfill all the brokerage requirements and paperwork, avoid undue penalties, reduce duties, eliminate compliance risk, and ensure that your goods clear quickly.
Solutions We Provide
- Application of permits
- Tariff classification
- Responding to customs audits
- Electronic line release to be made available to all customers
- Carnet, CITIES, Phytosanitary, Certificate of Origins, and other special government permits
- Customs GST refunds
- Customs VAT refunds
- Non-Canadian Business Application of Exporter and Importer License
How Customs Brokerage Works
Provide us the information for your shipment (commercial invoice, packing list, shipping documents, and product description)
HS Code Determination
Finding the correct tariff code is critical in minimizing tax as well as ensuring that we are compliant with CBSA regulations
Prepare all the necessary paperwork and submit it to the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
- Once CBSA approves, we send you immediate notification so the shipment can be picked up.
- If CBSA requires an inspection, we will be there with you through the inspection process, let you know what to expect, help you make the necessary arrangements, and keep you up to date on the status.
- If CBSA declines, we find out why and let you know what the next steps are.
What our Clients Appreciate about our Customs Brokerage Service
- Our team saves them money by reducing duties and avoiding penalties
- Submits all the duties, licenses, permits, and all other requirements on your behalf
- Provides expert advice and guidance through the customs brokerage process
- Coordinates with all related parties to ensure expedited service
- Our team can handle all shipment and logistics for them aside from customs brokerage