Job: Sales Account Executive
Job Description: Sales Account Executive
We are looking for a Sales Account Executive to join our growing team. Are you successful at developing sales in the logistics industry? Do you have a solid track record of leading the end-to-end sales cycle, and exceeding sales targets? We are looking for someone passionate about soliciting new clients that import/export international cargo utilizing mainly ocean container transport but may sometimes utilize air cargo for urgent shipments. The key goal of the role is to develop a growing portfolio of clients.
Location: Mitchell Island, Richmond, BC
Position: Full-Time, Permanent, Hybrid
Compensation: Base Salary + Commission + Bonus (details below)
- Be an expert in our service offerings and products in order to tailor sales pitch/relationship development in a win-win format, including ability to clearly communicate company values and strengths
- Develop and meet with new customers on a regular basis including proactively promoting products/services to new clients, increasing their awareness of Canaan’s full-service offerings
- Grow developing/profitable transport channels such as air or project cargo
- Collaborate with Operations and Account Management teams to ensure a seamless and consistent client experience.
- Attend trade shows, seminars, and networking events to promote the company brand and services.
- Stay ahead of the curve regarding market trends, upcoming opportunities etc.
- Consistently deliver an outstanding sales process to our customers
- Assess your customers’ needs and understand their goals so you can provide appropriate solutions
- Define and meet annual and monthly sales forecasts and complete all sales objectives set out by leadership.
- Gather and record information on assigned clients in the company CRM system
- Sales/Business Development Champion - Act as a catalyst for business growth, providing support across the company to facilitate and promote a culture that embraces being ambitious, consistent, and entrepreneurial.
- Relationship Builder - Maintain professional and proactive communication with all department staff and customers in a way that develops long-term relationships.
- Growth Mindset - Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional associations.
- Alignment - A professional and personal alignment with our company values and principles: customer focus, respect, efficiency, adaptability, teamwork, initiative, never late, good attitude. To view our Company Principles in detail, click here.
- High School Diploma, relevant University Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the logistics industry
- Proven ability to exceed sales targets
- Able to work a flexible work schedule based on the needs of the customer that includes some nights, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent English communication skills both verbal and written
- Positive attitude, friendly, outgoing personality
- Willingness to learn and ask questions, and make cold calls
- Entrepreneurial, competitive, self-confident, and self-motivated
We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, commission and bonus. Additional benefits include: paid vacation, extended health benefits, cell phone, laptop, and car allowance. Complimentary lunch is prepared fresh and available daily.
About Canaan Group
At Canaan Group our motto is “Delivered as Promised” and we apply this commitment to everything that we do. Founded in Vancouver, Canada, we are a vertically integrated logistics company with a global reach of over 53 offices worldwide. We consult, liaise, and provide logistics solutions for companies to move and transport products throughout the world. Through leading by example, inspiring innovation, achieving together and customer satisfaction, Canaan Group has grown to become one of the largest privately owned logistic companies in Canada.
To learn more about us please visit our website or check us out on social media.
Please send your resume to email@example.com. We welcome all applicants however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you!