Job: Logistics Coordinator
Job Description: Logistics Coordinator
Canaan Group is an innovative logistics company with offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, and Los Angeles. We're looking to hire good people who can help us live out our vision, "Delivered as Promised".
This position is responsible to quote clients and overseas agents in a timely and accurate manner. This position is also responsible for communicating and establishing excellent relationships with air carriers, overseas agents and co-workers to ensure the best possible and most competitive rates while ensuring operational excellence, high productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Will be responsible for maintaining Key Accounts through data management and reporting
- Coordinate and communicate consistently with the Key Accounts, Ocean Carriers, Vendors and other service providers to ensure accurate and timely order fulfillment
- Input, Issue, track and complete various metrics in various formats including CW1, Excel, and other databases
- Work with other departments internally including ocean, air, and sales team ensuring they are informed of any upcoming shipments
- Analyze and create new reports as required by customers and internal team at Canaan
- Trouble shooting with various problems throughout the day as directed by Systems Development Manager.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Experience and knowledge of International shipping (minimum 2 years)
- Highly skilled in Excel (Pivot tables, formulas, reports, and other advance excel functions)
- Strong communication skills especially listening to Key account needs
- Excellent English communication skills both verbal and written
- Computer skills: Microsoft office (especially in Excel), Email (Outlook), Safari/Chrome and ability to learn proprietary business software applications, XML and other software languages would be an asset
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritize workload in order to meet numerous deadlines.
- Positive attitude and friendly
- Willingness to learn and ask questions.
- Attention to detail is critical
Working with Canaan Group
We are constantly looking for highly motivated and capable candidates for a variety of positions. Canaan Group offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and enthusiastic workplace environment. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Here are our company values and principles. Read through them to see if they resonate with you.
Reasons to work at Canaan Group:
- Working with us means working with people who have a passion for achievement, strive for outstanding results and build effective relationships inside and outside our company.
- Canaan has over four decades of experience in the logistics transportation industry, undertaking our activity with excellence criteria and commitment with our future. We welcome the ideas, innovations and passion that will take us there.
- We’re committed to our people. We support our staff and contractors through a range of work experiences, training and mentoring to achieve their career and personal goals.
- New opportunities constantly arise as our business develops and expands, so you can go as far as your talent and imagination can take you.
- Our culture is based on a collaborative atmosphere and enthusiastic approach to work, there's a strong focus on doing the right things and communicating openly that makes this a great place to work.
- Smart Casual Work Attire – Suits are required only for meetings with clients! Monday thru Thursday is Business Casual and Friday is Jeans Day!
- Free Parking – Our Head Office is located in Richmond more specifically at Mitchell Island although no public transport is available there is never a shortage of free parking.
- Canadian Company – We’re home grown and proud to be Canadian!
- Be known by your name, not a number!
- Leading by Example
- Inspiring Innovation
- Achieving Together
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Focus: Provide an excellent level of service to both internal and external customers
- Respect: Demonstrate a genuine appreciation for others by treating everyone with respect and maintaining the highest level of professionalism when working with others
- Efficiency: Quality in carrying out job responsibilities and notable contribution to Customer and Company's goals
- Adaptability: Work efficiently and effectively in light of new information, changing situations, and different environments
- Teamwork: Work effectively within and across departments, collaborating with others to achieve common goals, listening and communicating in a way that respects and supports others
- Initiative: Take initiative, accept and carry out additional responsibilities beyond regular job assignments
- Never Late: Consistently punctual in reporting for duty and completing assignments on time
- Good Attitude: Positive attitude towards work responsibilities, co-workers and clients
Candidate(s) must own vehicle. Public transportation is not available at Mitchell Island.
If our values, principles, and commitments resonate with you and you're interested in growing your career with Canaan Group, we'd love to meet with you. Send us your Resume and Cover Letter, along with the name of the position you are applying for by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org