Job: Forklift Operator
Job Description: Forklift Operator
Canaan Group is a Canadian-Owned International Logistic Organization. Our Company is committed to safety, quality and a best in class approach to customer service. We are currently seeking highly motivated Forklift Operators to work in our growing company. This position is open and immediately available.
Job DescriptionThe ideal forklift operator will have the following requirements and qualifications:
- CSA Approved Steel Toe Work Boots
- Clean Criminal Background
- Comfortable lifting between 50 and 70 lbs
- Some Experience on the larger Sit Down Counter Balance Machine (10,000lbs)
- Comfortable working outdoors
- Able to maneuver larger pieces of material with ease
- Someone who’s worked in a steel or lumber mill or re-load would be ideal!
- Some warehouse flat deck experience an asset!
- Experience Certified Forklift Operator with Sit Down Counter balance (1+ Years)
Working with Canaan Group
We are constantly looking for highly motivated and capable candidates for a variety of positions. Canaan Group offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and enthusiastic workplace environment. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Here are our company values and principles. Read through them to see if they resonate with you.
Reasons to work at Canaan Group:
- Working with us means working with people who have a passion for achievement, strive for outstanding results and build effective relationships inside and outside our company.
- We have a dynamic and responsive organization where you will interact with everyone from our CEO, to new hires and customers.
- Canaan has 35 years of experience in the logistics transportation industry, undertaking our activity with excellence criteria and commitment with our future.
- Our culture is based on a collaborative atmosphere and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Fresh and free lunch offer everyday for all employees!
- Free Parking – Our Head Office is located in Richmond more specifically at Mitchell Island although no public transport is available there is never a shortage of free parking.
- Be known by your name, not a number!
What We Offer:
- Extended benefits after 3 months and our pension plan after 1 year of service.
- Great opportunities for career advancements
- Training and development opportunities
- Steady full time work
- Leading by Example
- Inspiring Innovation
- Achieving Together
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Focus: Provide an excellent level of service to both internal and external customers
- Respect: Demonstrate a genuine appreciation for others by treating everyone with respect and maintaining the highest level of professionalism when working with others
- Efficiency: Quality in carrying out job responsibilities and notable contribution to Customer and Company's goals
- Adaptability: Work efficiently and effectively in light of new information, changing situations, and different environments
- Teamwork: Work effectively within and across departments, collaborating with others to achieve common goals, listening and communicating in a way that respects and supports others
- Initiative: Take initiative, accept and carry out additional responsibilities beyond regular job assignments
- Never Late: Consistently punctual in reporting for duty and completing assignments on time
- Good Attitude: Positive attitude towards work responsibilities, co-workers and clients
If our values, principles, and commitments resonate with you and you're interested in growing your career with Canaan Group, we'd love to meet with you. Send us your Resume and Cover Letter, along with the name of the position you are applying for by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only qualified candidates will be contacted.