Job: Air Freight Cargo Coordinator
Job Description: Air Freight Cargo Coordinator
Canaan Group is an innovative logistics company with offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, and Los Angeles. We're looking to hire good people who can help us live out our vision, "Delivered as Promised".
This position is responsible to quote clients and overseas agents in a timely and accurate manner. This position is also responsible for communicating and establishing excellent relationships with air carriers, overseas agents and co-workers to ensure the best possible and most competitive rates while ensuring operational excellence, high productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate all Air Import/Export Freight activities, including quotation, booking, documentation, data entry, shipment tracking and tracing, billing, arranging deliveries, among others responsibilities.
- Issue bills and invoice to clients and agent and organize documentations and properly keep all records updated.
- Communicate on a daily basis with airlines, vendors, truckers, customers, warehouse contact, sales representatives and overseas offices.
- Knowledge of air carriers and schedules.
- Comply with all Canada customs, IATA and Transport Canada regulations and requirements.
- Issue IATA & CASS reports as required.
- Verify weights and dimensions of cargo.
- Advise clients concerning: terms of delivery & payment, Air insurance, Air Services, transport alternatives, etc.
- Handle requirement for dangerous or controlled goods and ensure to have proper export controlled permits, licenses and etc.
- Physically screen cargo based on Transport Canada requirements and become an Authorized Cargo Administrator.
- Report to air freight Manager Monthly Performance P/L.
- Provide Sales lead for Air freight Manager.
- Follow up quotation with the clients.
- Check the payable invoice before sending to accounting department.
- Ensures all documentation, such as invoices, AWB and other related documents for outbound /inbound shipments is completed accurately and forwarded to the appropriate party.
- Maintenance of CRM system, input clients date, keep update.
- Some light warehouse duties such as moving boxes and pallets with dolly.
Working with Canaan Group
We are constantly looking for highly motivated and capable candidates for a variety of positions. Canaan Group offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and enthusiastic workplace environment. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Here are our company values and principles. Read through them to see if they resonate with you.
Reasons to work at Canaan Group:
- Working with us means working with people who have a passion for achievement, strive for outstanding results and build effective relationships inside and outside our company.
- Canaan has over four decades of experience in the logistics transportation industry, undertaking our activity with excellence criteria and commitment with our future. We welcome the ideas, innovations and passion that will take us there.
- We’re committed to our people. We support our staff and contractors through a range of work experiences, training and mentoring to achieve their career and personal goals.
- New opportunities constantly arise as our business develops and expands, so you can go as far as your talent and imagination can take you.
- Our culture is based on a collaborative atmosphere and enthusiastic approach to work, there's a strong focus on doing the right things and communicating openly that makes this a great place to work.
- Smart Casual Work Attire – Suits are required only for meetings with clients! Monday thru Thursday is Business Casual and Friday is Jeans Day!
- Free Parking – Our Head Office is located in Richmond more specifically at Mitchell Island although no public transport is available there is never a shortage of free parking.
- Canadian Company – We’re home grown and proud to be Canadian!
- Be known by your name, not a number!
- Leading by Example
- Inspiring Innovation
- Achieving Together
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Focus: Provide an excellent level of service to both internal and external customers
- Respect: Demonstrate a genuine appreciation for others by treating everyone with respect and maintaining the highest level of professionalism when working with others
- Efficiency: Quality in carrying out job responsibilities and notable contribution to Customer and Company's goals
- Adaptability: Work efficiently and effectively in light of new information, changing situations, and different environments
- Teamwork: Work effectively within and across departments, collaborating with others to achieve common goals, listening and communicating in a way that respects and supports others
- Initiative: Take initiative, accept and carry out additional responsibilities beyond regular job assignments
- Never Late: Consistently punctual in reporting for duty and completing assignments on time
- Good Attitude: Positive attitude towards work responsibilities, co-workers and clients
Candidate(s) must own vehicle. Public transportation is not available at Mitchell Island.
If our values, principles, and commitments resonate with you and you're interested in growing your career with Canaan Group, we'd love to meet with you. Send us your Resume and Cover Letter, along with the name of the position you are applying for by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org